Mother's Day Writing Ideas
- Have middle and upper grade students write descriptive paragraphs on any of the
- What it takes to be a good mother
- What my mom means to me
- One time that my mom really came through for me
- Have the younger children as a group dictate sentences based on their
ideas and feelings about "Mothers."
- Organize these and print them up in large letters on a piece of butcher paper for the bulletin board.
- Then make a colorful border and have the class choose a title for the composition.
- This is also an appropriate time to remember your room mother by sending her a small gift or note saying thank you for her year-long efforts and thoughtfulness.
Such papers, when corrected and recopied in the students' best penmanship, may become the basis of a fine bulletin board or go home with the students to be shared with their mothers.