Grade Levels: 3 - 5
- Students will practice basketball skills.
- Students will practice math skills.
- 2 basketballs for each basket
- Math facts
- Hula hoops or poly-spots
- Score cards and pencils
Notes: Use math facts at an appropriate level so that all students can achieve success. If some students have problems, let them work in cooperative groups.
- Place hula hoops or poly-spots at various distances from each basket.
- Tape a number on each hoop or spot.
- Also assign a number to each basket.
- Give each student a piece of paper and pencil and ask them to divide themselves into equal groups at each basket.
- On signal, students begin shooting from the various hoop and spot locations.
- If a shot is made they multiply the number on the hoop or spot by the number assigned to the basket.
- They then write the answer on the score card.
- After 3 minutes, they add the numbers, record the sum, and rotate to the next basket.
- Students continue rotating until all baskets have been played.
- After playing all baskets, students should add the total of all scores.
Excerpted from P.E. Teacher's Complete Fitness & Skills Development Activities Program.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of teacher-approved worksheets, activities, and over 22,000 resources created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial