Letter for Great Mail Race
Grade Levels: 4 - 6
- Students will be able to create an introductory letter for The Great Mail Race to send with the survey created in the previous lesson.
- Students will be able to use a word processor to create a letter in the correct form.
- Microsoft Works or other word processing program.
- Go over the purpose and procedures of The Great Mail Race (an event held each year where students from across the US try to receive letters from each state by sending requests/surveys to schools in each state) and the survey they previously created.
- Review the format of a friendly letter.
- Brainstorm what characteristics make a letter interesting and informative to the recipient. List these ideas on the board.
- Direct students to create a letter to a participant in the Great Mail Race.
- Edit the rough drafts.
- Students will word process the letter in the computer lab using Microsoft Works.
- Students will get a brief review on addressing envelopes. They will address their envelopes.
- The letters and surveys will be mailed.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial