What You Can Do to Help Prevent the Flu
Annual vaccination is safe and effective, and the best way to help prevent influenza and its complications. Everyone 6 months of age and older is recommended to receive annual influenza immunization, according to new guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
You can also take everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of influenza, including:
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze
- Frequent hand washing or use of an alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Avoid contact with others if you are sick with flu-like illness
Visit www.facesofinfluenza.org to learn more about influenza and annual vaccination.