Create a Scrapbook Icebreaker
Grade Levels: K - 3
- Students will make a scrapbook to share with classmates and their parents.
- Photos or pictures of each child
- Construction paper
- String or thread
Have your students write their answers to these questions:
- What did you do for summer vacation?
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite animal?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Paste the answers (along with photos to illustrate them) on separate pieces of construction paper.
- Bind them together with string or thread.
- Take photographs or have your students draw pictures of themselves for the cover of their scrapbooks.
- Set up an area in the classroom to display the scrapbooks, and set aside time for the students to look through their classmates’ creations.
Variations: For more advanced groups, have students respond to general
questions or statements that will encourage creativity:
- I am me because…
My favorite place in the world is…
- Insert extra pages in the back of the scrapbook for peers to respond to the scrapbooks.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial