The Anne Frank and Miep Gies Connection
Have students read the short biography of Miep Gies at Infoplease.com, then use the Internet and reference books from the library to answer the questions below.
Questions about Miep's Life
- Where was Miep born?
- Where was she moved to, and why?
Life During The War
- To whom did Miep lend an ear during the war years?
- What was one important thing this person said to Miep?
- Why is that statement important?
- What did Miep do with Anne's diary?
- Who did Otto know for certain didn't survive the Holocaust?
- Who did Otto hope survived the war?
- Who went to the Central Station when the war was over, hoping to find survivors?
Describe what kind of person Miep is, based on what you have read thus far.