Original URL: https://www.teachervision.com/hanukkah/lesson-plan/673.html
Clay Hanukkah Menorah
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 5
- Students make a clay menorah.
- Students learn about Hanukkah.
- Clay of your choice (the kind that hardens in the air)
- 9 small birthday candles or 9 Hanukkah candles per child
- Paint or glaze
- Shape the clay for the menorah any way you like, as long as it can hold 9 candles (1 candle for each day of the holiday and 1 candle to light with - the Shamas).
- Flatten out the base so it will stand solidly.
- Press the candles into the clay, making an opening a bit larger than the candle itself. (Clays shrink when dry).
- Allow the Menorah to dry.
- Paint or glaze to finish.
- Take this opportunity to enhance your class's knowledge of what Hanukkah, the Jewish Festival of Lights, really means.
© 2000-2016 Sandbox Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.