Clay Hanukkah Menorah
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 5
- Students make a clay menorah.
- Students learn about Hanukkah.
- Clay of your choice (the kind that hardens in the air)
- 9 small birthday candles or 9 Hanukkah candles per child
- Paint or glaze
- Shape the clay for the menorah any way you like, as long as it can hold 9 candles (1 candle for each day of the holiday and 1 candle to light with - the Shamas).
- Flatten out the base so it will stand solidly.
- Press the candles into the clay, making an opening a bit larger than the candle itself. (Clays shrink when dry).
- Allow the Menorah to dry.
- Paint or glaze to finish.
- Take this opportunity to enhance your class's knowledge of what Hanukkah, the Jewish Festival of Lights, really means.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial