Create a Menorah Gallery
Grade Levels: 1 - 5
- Students will draw pictures of menorahs
- Art materials
- Provide students with this definition of a menorah:
A menorah is a candlestand with nine branches. Usually eight candles—one for each day of Hanukkah—are of the same height, with a taller one in the middle, the shamash ("servant"), which is used to light the others.
- Explain that menorahs come in many different shapes and sizes - as long as
they fit the description above. (Encourage students to bring in menorahs or
pictures of them).
- Have students make pictures of menorahs.
- Create a display of the finished pieces.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial