Potato Print Wrapping Paper
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 5
- Students use stamps to decorate paper.
- A roll of plain white shelf paper
- Cookie cutters
- Butter knife
- Different color ink pads (not always water-soluble) or
- Assorted tempura paints (water-soluble)
- Cut a potato in half, then have students carve out the design they want (a dreidel, stars, a Christmas tree).
- An easy way to do this is to push a cookie cutter all the way in to the potato and cut off the excess with a butter knife. Remember the design will be the raised portion of the cutout.
- Stamp potato on ink pad then paper. Or put different color tempura paints onto individual paper-plates.
- Kids can either press potato into paint or use a brush to paint the bottoms.
- Then stamp onto paper.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial