Attributes of Sixth GradersThe average eleven-year-old is heading towards adolescence. He:
- Shows more self-assertion and curiosity.
- Is socially expansive and aware.
- Is physically exuberant, restless, wiggly, and talks a lot.
- Has a range and intensity of emotions.
- Is moody and easily frustrated.
- Can relate feelings.
- Is competitive, wants to excel, and may put down the "out group."
- Exhibits "off-color" humor and silliness.
- Teases and tussles.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial