Attributes of First GradersThe average six-year-old is extremely egocentric and wants to be the center of attention. She:
- Wants to be the "best" and "first."
- Has boundless energy.
- May be oppositional, silly, brash, and critical.
- Cries easily; shows a variety of tension-releasing behavior.
- Is attached to the teacher.
- Has difficulty being flexible.
- Often considers fantasy real.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of teacher-approved worksheets, activities, and over 22,000 resources created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial