Attributes of First GradersThe average six-year-old is extremely egocentric and wants to be the center of attention. She:
- Wants to be the "best" and "first."
- Has boundless energy.
- May be oppositional, silly, brash, and critical.
- Cries easily; shows a variety of tension-releasing behavior.
- Is attached to the teacher.
- Has difficulty being flexible.
- Often considers fantasy real.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial