Cranberry Lemon Oat SconesPreparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15 to 18 minutes
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups oat bran
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 6-ounce bag Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries
1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Work butter or margarine into dry ingredients until butter is the size of small peas, using a pasty blender or fork.
- Add remaining ingredients except sweetened dried cranberries and 1 tablespoon sugar, mixing just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball.
- Cut dough into 2 pieces.
- Pat each half into a 6-inch circle; cut into 6 wedges.
- Place cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 scones.
|Used with permission from Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial