Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 65 minutes
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 6-ounce package Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- Lightly spray a non-stick 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except sweetened dried cranberries, in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries.
- Spread evenly in loaf pan. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf.
|Used with permission from Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial