Collect a Sentence
Grade Levels: 1 - 3
- Students practice constructing sentences.
- Students will become familiar with the parts of speech.
- Write commonly used verbs, prepositions, and conjunctions on notecards.
- Have students name objects (nouns) they see around the room, or out the window.
- Write the objects named on notecards.
- Give small groups of students a variety of cards, with a mix of the different parts of speech.
- Have students make as many sentences as they can with the cards.
- Read the sentences aloud.
- How many sentences can each group make with the same words?
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial