Follow Me Freeze
Grade Levels: K - 5
- Students will build community.
- Students will practice following directions.
- Cassette player or CD player
- Music cassettes or CDs
- Explain the directions to students. They will mimic the movements of the "leader" until you stop the music, and then they must "freeze."
- Designate one student as the leader. Play the music and have the students follow the movements of the leader.
- The round ends when you stop the music and the children freeze. Have the last leader pick the new leader, and start the music again.
- Repeat, rotating leaders until everyone who wanted a turn has had a chance to be the leader.
Provided by Engaging Schools
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial