Similar and Different
Grade Levels: K - 5
- Students will learn that we are all as similar as we are different.
- Students will build community by discovering their similarities.
- Black board, or white board
- Dry erase markers, or chalk
- List of Directed Questions
- Draw a Venn Diagram on the board.
- Two student volunteers stand in front of the room.
- Use the List of Directed Questions in a way that matches the age group with which you are working. For example, hand out the list of directed questions. Ask students to write answers, "shout out" answers, or simply discuss student observations.
- Fill in the Venn Diagram according to student observations.
- Repeat the activity with other student volunteers.
- After a few pairs have been compared, discuss trends that you are noticing in the class.
Provided by Engaging Schools
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial