Classroom Timesaver: ID Numbers
Grade Levels: K - 8
- Student will learn to be responsible.
- Students will learn organizational skills.
- Students will get credit for all completed work and projects.
- Teacher will easily record homework, save time and keep track of students.
- Completed assignments
- Teacher grade or record book
- Assign each student a corresponding identification number. (It's helpful to go in alphabetical order).
- Tell students to place this number (along with their name and date) in the upper right hand corner of every assignment.
- Next, have the students quietly line up in I.D. order with their assignment in hand.
- Direct them to hand their paper to the teacher and say their I.D. number aloud so the teacher can record the assignment.
- Asking students to count off using their I.D. numbers can also be a quick way to take attendance, double-check that every student is with the group on a field trip, and it is an excellent way to line up for a fire drill.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial