2 1/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries,coarsely chopped
3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add cranberries and almonds; mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately 14 inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Cut biscotti into 1/2-inch slices.
- Stand upright on cookie sheet and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
|Used with permission from Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. |
Copyright ©2000 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. All Rights Reserved.