Grade Levels: Pre-K - 5
- Students will appreciate the people who have jobs that impact their lives.
- Students will create "Appreciation Cards" for these individuals.
- Construction paper (multi-colored)
- Markers or crayons
- Lead a discussion in which students name people who have jobs that impact their lives. These people may include working parents, stay-at-home moms, older siblings, coaches, teachers, counselors, police officers, firefighters, and EMTs.
- Ask students to select a particular person in their lives to whom they would like to show their appreciation.
- Tell students they will be making cards with notes of thanks for the person they picked.
- Give each student a piece of construction paper and instruct them to fold it in half.
- Help students write thank you messages and give them time to decorate the cards with the markers and crayons.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial