Career Bulletin Board
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 2
- Students will learn about different careers.
- Students will create a "Career Collage" bulletin board.
- 4x6 index cards or construction paper
- Magazines and newspapers
- A few days before the lesson, invite students to bring in pictures from magazines, newspapers, and other sources that show people at work. Encourage students to check sports pages, movie ads, and kids' sections for some creative examples.
- Lead students in brainstorming a list of careers.
- Write the students' ideas on the board.
- Ask each student to select one of the careers on the board.
- Have each student write the name of a career in large print in the middle of a 4x6 note card.
- Direct students to find pictures of the career they picked in the magazines and newspapers.
- Ask students to neatly cut out at least three pictures of their career.
- Create a "Career Collage" by displaying the names of the careers and the cut-out pictures on a bulletin board.
by Sydney Donahoe
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial