Grade Levels: Pre-K - 5
- Students will know you better.
- Students will be welcomed to your class and given an idea of what they will be doing during the year.
- Students share some personal information about themselves orally.
- Students will learn about each others' interests and families.
- At the beginning of the year, ask students to bring in a lunch bag filled with no more than five objects that they would like to share with the class, e.g. pictures of their family, something that shows a hobby or free-time activity, something special about their family, an award they have won, a part of a collection, or a favorite book.
- The teacher should also prepare a bag with personal items for presentation.
- Gather the class together and share the contents of your bag first to model what might be said and explained in a presentation.
- Giving the students a time limit (like three minutes), students each present their items. Questions may be asked to spark more conversation and interest.
- Briefly explain to the class a few of your major objectives for the year.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial