Go on a Building Tour
Grade Levels: Pre-K - 5
Students will learn where important places and people are in the building such as the restroom, office, other same grade rooms, and teachers.
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Line students up in single or double (partner) line(s).
- Tell them they are going to take a tour through the building so they will be familiar with places and people if they have to leave the room for a specific reason.
- Walk with students around the school, introducing them to staff members.
- When you return to your classroom, discuss the rooms you visited and the people you met.
- Have students draw or write a list of what they learned on their walk.
If you need to teach it, we have it covered.
Start your free trial to gain instant access to thousands of expertly curated worksheets, activities, and lessons created by educational publishers and teachers.Start Your Free Trial